DiSC® In-House Certifications
2-Day Instructor-Led Seminar Offered On-Site at Your Organization
For Trainers, Consultants, Coaches, and Others
What is DiSC?
DiSC® is a model of human behavior that helps people understand “why they do what they do.” The dimensions of Dominance, influencing, Steadiness, and Conscientiousness make up the model and interact with other factors to describe human behavior.
Originally created by Dr. William Marston at Columbia University and researched and updated by Dr. John Geier and Inscape Publishing at the University of Minnesota, the DiSC model and its various assessment tools have helped over 35 million people in 20+ languages over the last 40 years.
Why Do Clients Use the DiSC Model and Tools?
Our clients use the assessment tools in their training and coaching efforts as a performance improvement strategy. The most important benefit of the DiSC model is creating “people smarts” - helping individuals understand themselves and others better. With this as the foundation, clients then utilize the model to achieve the following outcomes:
- Improve collaboration and reduce conflict
- Build results-producing teams
- Develop effective coaches and managers
- Increase sales and service success
What is the DiSC In-House Certification?
This two-day process empowers Trainers, Coaches, and Consultants to:
- Learn the DiSC model
- Deliver DiSC workshops to their employees/clients
- Utilize the DiSC tools to meet your personal and organizational objectives
What is the In-House DiSC Certification Process?
- Participants develop an understanding of how to use instrumented learning to improve employee performance and productivity
- Participants learn to use appropriate adult learning methodologies that are research-based and that help people learn more easily and apply the learning to their jobs
- Participants apply the information using a variety of DiSC assessments and interactive exercises. Explore applications for coaching, conflict resolution, leadership, management, sales, service, and team building
- Participants create a customized DiSC application plan for themselves and a performance enhancement strategy for their organizations
- Participants will experience a DiSC Workshop they can immediately deliver
- Participants learn how to apply the DiSC Profile in their own workshops using supporting materials including their facilitator’s kit, QuikDiSC, and more!
- Participants will demonstrate their understanding of the DiSC Model by delivering a mini presentation in small groups
What Can I Do Once I Complete an In-House DiSC Certification?
Upon successful completion of the DiSC Certification, you may teach the DiSC model in your organization or use it in other applications outside of your organization. Then you purchase a DiSC self-assessment for each of your participants. You may develop your own training programs using our DiSC assessment or purchase our packaged DiSC programs.
In-House DiSC Certification Objectives
- Discover why understanding self and others is the key to performance improvement
- Learn proven DiSC models to enhance personal and organizational results
- Simplify complex issues of human behavior
- Learn and Experience the DiSC Model of Behavior, including the latest DiSC research findings
- Identify specific communication strategies to use with each of the different DiSC behavioral approaches
- Experience, Learn and Integrate the DiSC tools and workshops into training and coaching applications
- Develop implementation plans for a variety of learning outcomes, including coaching, conflict resolution, leadership, management, sales, service, and teambuilding applications
- Learn how to design and deliver your own DiSC workshops
In-House DiSC Certification Outline
Day 1: Learn to Speak DiSC
The purpose of Day 1 is to gain a thorough understanding of the DiSC model of human behavior. You will also observe and participate in a DiSC workshop that you will be able to deliver yourself.
- Identify goals and objectives
- Interactive Exercises
- Interpreting DiSC Graphs
- In-depth understanding of D, i, S, and C
- Adaptability - effective communication strategies using DiSC
- Marston's Model
- The Intensity Index
- The Classical Patterns
- Homework Assignment
Day 2: Learn to Teach DiSC to Others
The purpose of Day 2 is to gain a deeper understanding and build confidence in your ability to deliver DiSC workshops. You will also broaden your knowledge of various DiSC tools and their applications.
- Practicum – Demonstrate your understanding of DiSC and Marston's Model
- Explain the DiSC Graph
- Describe Marston's Model
- Recognize behaviors of others: effective communication strategies
- Adapt your communication style to meet the needs of others
- Selecting appropriate DiSC tools for your learning application
- Experience activities to deepen your understanding of DiSC
- Learn your options for DiSC materials
- Design your implementation plan
- Receive your certificate of completion
DiSC Certification Materials
Each in-house DiSC Certification is customized based on the needs and requirements of the organization. Your DiSC Certification may include some or all of the DiSC learning materials listed below:
Please call 515.278.1292 for a customized in-house DiSC Certification proposal.
Recommended DiSC Certification Class Size: 5 - 12 Participants
Additional DiSC Certification Training Options
1) Classroom DiSC Certification
Choose from a variety of dates and locations to attend a 2-day Classroom DiSC Certification with individuals from other companies.
Learn about our Classroom DiSC Certification.
2) Virtual DiSC Certification
Personalized just for you, the Virtual DiSC Certification eliminates the need to travel. Learn how to teach DiSC to others in the comfort of your office or home. The Virtual DiSC Certification takes approximately 15 hours to complete and combines independent study and personalized phone coaching.
Learn about our Virtual DiSC Certification.
DiSC is a registered trademark of Inscape Publishing, Inc.